A 4 hour file I need to send

Dracindo

During my free time, I'm a Twitch streamer, and my girlfriend loves to fall asleep during a Subnautica stream. She's only sad that my streams are only recorded as video's for 14 days, and that once I'm done with Subnautica, she won't have anything to watch anymore. So, I downloaded one of my Subnautica streams so that I could send it to her.

Problem is, it's an MP4 of 4 hours. The file is simply too big to share with her via Discord or e-mail. I've tried to compress it, but it takes really long and somewhere in between it stops, saying it's too big and there's not enough memory to compress it.

We don't live together, and we don't have a USB drive big enough for this. Well, we used to, but we're still looking for one. Anybody got any ideas?

Dracindo

Okay, she found a hard drive big enough for the file, but it would be nice if I could find a way to send a file this big on any day. If not for this scenario, there could be other cases where this would be useful to know.

Neya

You are a streamer so you have a connection good enough to upload the video on a file hosting service such as Google Drive or Dropbox. If your girlfriend's internet connection is also good you can share it buy using one of these hosting services.

virtualjsb

Try uploading your video in google drive, so there's no need for her to download the file. You just have to give her the link and from there she can watch the video.

Dracindo

Google Drive? I haven't thought of that yet. I'll try that, thank you both!
I think I tried Dropbox, but I don't remember if it was able to share big files.

Newer threads
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.