What Locations Should You Save on Google Maps?

SararhWililams

I'm debating whether or not it's a good idea to save any locations in Google Maps. It's frustrating to type in locations every time I want to use it. What do you think? What places do you save?

Adriana

Hello Sarah,

I would not save any of my location on google maps. I understand it's frustrating but google is tracking you everywhere you go. I pinpot a school close to my house or a friend house and save that locations. If your email get hack they can go online and look at your last locations through your gmaps.

EfficientNinja

I personally use maps.me. It is available for both Android and iOS devices. It saves the entire map of the country of your choice so you can use it offline. I prefer this because it only needs your GPS to be enabled and does not consume mobile data. :)

I do not use Google Maps because I think it requires mobile data to track where I am and navigate me to my destination.

Give it a try if you have time. It might be what you're looking for. :)

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapswithme.maps.pro&hl=en

iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/maps-me-offline-map-nav/id510623322?mt=8

Martinsx

Martinsx
Thanks for bringing this application maps.me to my attention. I have always used Google maps and it's true it can't be operating without mobile data. But since this application works without data but just GPS, I'm definitely getting it now and seeing how it works.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.