Touchscreen problem with Iphone 6s

DenisMNE

Hello to all of you.

Few months ago I dropped my Iphone 6s and the touchscreen got really damaged.The weird part is that the touchscreen wasn't damage physically but only from the inside since I was not able to use touchscreen for 5-10 minutes, then I was able to use it for 10 minutes and so on.
I have read that Apple made a mistake called ''Iphone touch disease'' that has been in-build in the phones.
As I recall, Apple was offering to fix it for around 150$ but since that we do not have Apple stores in my country, I just put a small piece of plastic on my touch sensor and when I push that spot a little bit I am able to use touchscreen.

Anyone had same issue ?

Fishbate

I think its the digitizer. There are two screens that you see in a smartphone . The external part is just a protector and the other one beneath is the digitizer. The digitizer is the one responsible for converting your touch to a signal or command. It interprets your gestures on the screen. The digitizer normally have a ribbon connector from the screen to the mother board.
If you dont see any cracks on the digitizer, this maybe the cause of your smartphones touch inconsistency. The connection may have been compromised during the fall and somehow loosens during use.

If you have basic knowledge in electronics you can try a quick re install of the digitizer to check if its just a loose ribbon. This could save you some expenses.

Have a great day...

DenisMNE

Thank your for sharing this with me !
As I said, I am temporarily solving problem by pressing the touch sensor behind my phone and it sometimes gets back in place but is disconnected shortly after.
I did not know that there are 2 touch screens and did not know about digitizer.
I do not have any cracks, this happened few months ago and my phone, which is over 2 years old, looks pretty good but that touch problem remains.
I will check it out, thanks !

Dracindo

Hold up, let me get this straight: Apple was aware of something that could go wrong with their smartphones, and when it happened to someone they would fix it for 150 dollars? You ought to think that this would be included within your warranty. I mean, I could just buy a new phone if that were to happen to me twice.

Yet another reason for sticking with Android devices.

stephen Robert

The same problem i had faced. They charged me $149. But the thing we can buy new mobile with this repair cost

Voruganti Srikanth

Hi Mate,
Even I'm facing the same problem with the mobile. Choosing a brand is not a difficult thing on that I-phone is too expensive. Even, the spare parts wt we use for iphone are highly cost. But, the phone features are good. Thus, Most people prefer this mobiles. Anywhere you done with your mobile. Happy to listen that.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads