Smarter or dumber

KabiruYoungshark

I have recently noticed how the smartphone addiction has really eaten into people's lives. A majority of us are not even able to focus on simple tasks since we have become heavily reliant on our phones. The smartphones have largely become an extesion of our hands and we are always with them at any time.

This has led to the delegation of even the simplest of tasks. Human have also become glued to their phones so much that they value virtual interactions as compared to real face to face engagements. This topic may sound cliche but it is only because it is very crucial. What do you think about the effects that phones have had on our brains?

Fishbate

In my opinion smartphones is more of an advantage to us because of it's ability to do task in a fast pace. I think it's an evolution of technology and it will go on for a long time, it's wise to make use of it in a productive way and try to take advantages of the opportunities it brings.

lmbasacta715

Agree! As mobile phones get smarter, people get dumber or more lazy. I certainly noticed this on kids nowadays; as early as 1 year old they have been addicted on youtube and some applications. 2 year olds or higher only stop tantrums when handed by cellphones. Well yes, their parents has much got them into this; But this generation is losing so much from the world outside the rising technology. As you said, face to face interactions may have been less nowadays. One more thing, I have a question for all of you guys, am I the only one irritated when seeing group of people in a restaurant or coffee shop not talking to each other but holding their phones?

KabiruYoungshark

KabiruYoungshark
Personally I dont think I would allow my children to have access to the internet. Certainly not when they are younger than 7. It is important for them to know how to use computers yes but not the internet.

Dracindo

Dracindo
My and my family often do that, but only the ones who are not interested in the current conversation. And since I'm interested in things nobody understands (gaming, work, and technology), I usually end up either looking brain dead in front of me, or on my phone, pretending to have a life.

Jelineex

Technology have a great contribution in our lives. It helps us improve and make our lives easier. It gives us the satisfaction to do what we want to do from communication, research, information awareness. As it gives us the brilliance of development to some extend it does affect our minds. It contributes to the laziness of society, young and old ones get to look at their mobile phone early as their morning routine. Young one's can't be asked for errands because they're busy with their phone. Students doesn't value the time to study but rather to play games on phones. Young one's can't spell correctly. In some instance, it contributes to some marital affair. Others, prefer not to eat but just to hold their phone the whole day. Our values to spend time and attentiveness is becoming lesser than before. It may not sound approving to all, but this is my observation.

blackmist

Smartphone have already been a part of people's life. There are advantage and disadvantage. Phones are really helpful for us to reach someone who are far away from us, use to take video, pictures etc. What's not good about it basing on my observation is that most people are busy browsing their phone instead of talking to their friends etc. What we need is control not to be dependable with technology.

Dracindo

I honestly don't bother with it. The part about face to face communication? I'd rather be online. People can lie about who they really are, but I don't care. What matters is that when I talk, people actually listen to me and try to understand or help me. In real life, people just don't have the time to listen. Sure, today's technology may be a part of that problem, but the people online are nicer than in real life.

Also, online friends are less likey to go violent on you. Probably because they go violent on you in games. At least, that's how I see it.

cjctm11

Smartphones are part of our fast growing technology. It was just your choice on how you will use it or you just need it for your convenience. Some people use it for their business from contacting their clients or sending some emails to them. Smartphones are just making life easier and it is now one of the most business competition.

mp0310

I have recently noticed how the smartphone addiction has really eaten into people's lives. A majority of us are not even able to focus on simple tasks since we have become heavily reliant on our phones. The smartphones have largely become an extesion of our hands and we are always with them at any time.

This has led to the delegation of even the simplest of tasks. Human have also become glued to their phones so much that they value virtual interactions as compared to real face to face engagements. This topic may sound cliche but it is only because it is very crucial. What do you think about the effects that phones have had on our brains?
Hi to all of you.
I would like to tell you our small story about the mobile phones. I personally think that it is a habit of the humans to carry their mobile phones wherever they go.It’s disgusting although it serves its purpose at sometimes.

Here is a challenge for you.
When you go out to party or to visit friends what is the first thing that everybody does before they sit down ?
They take their mobile phones and put them on the table which to me is a very disgusting habit and I feel that it is very rude so here is my challenge to all of you.
When everybody is sitting down pluck up courage go around and take everybody’s mobile and put them away at a small distance. Tell the people that the first mobile phone rings first pays the bill. ( Free meal)
The moral of the story is when you speak to a person don’t play around with your mobile it’s polite and it’s pleasant.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.