RhinoShield for the Galaxy Note 8

vpatella

I've been looking into crash guards for the Galaxy Note 8 to compare with the iPhone's well-known "OtterBox" which in my opinion is pretty unmatched when it comes to shock protection.

Without having physical products to try myself it's kind of difficult, but I've found one that offers a lot of relevant information and a video detailing its protection capabilities. The RhinoShield is available for many Galaxy phones and tablets, but I chose the Note 8 because usually larger models are more prone to damage.

The RhinoShield boasts an extra 15% shock dispersion supposedly due to the hexagonal design of the case. It would be helpful if someone could weigh in on the physics of this and whether or not it checks out.

The OtterBox also boasts a multi-layer case, while the RhinoShield is composed of what appears to be only one piece.

RhinoShield does offer a "Drop Test" video which appears to be more of a promotional video than an actual drop test, however they claim that the product offers protection up to 3 meters. Having a video is better than nothing. Thoughts?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.