Laptop needs Reflowing?

kd06

My laptop is an broken! It went to sleep and eventually doesn't wake up, what to do guys? If I plug it the light indicating power lights up but if I push the power button it won't turn on. I went to a repair shop and had it checked and said that my laptop is for reflowing which costs about 30$ and in my side of country that is already enough to buys a second hand laptop.. So is there any of you who have an idea how will I get to self-repair my laptop? TIA

Fishbate

Can i ask what is the specific problem according to the technician. Re-flowing is a term used by technicians pertaining to ball grid re soldering. Basically there's something wrong on your hardware specifically the motherboard.

I have some questions here that might help you in trouble shooting.
When you turn on the laptop? do you feel that air is coming out from the exhaust?
Is there a beep when you turn it on?
Have you tried replacing the RAM?
Do you see other indicators like HDD lighting?
What was your last activity before the laptop broke?

Good Day...

Reactions: sandraharriette

kd06

kd06
Last activity I had with it was a month ago. I had it hibernated but eventually it won't wake up so I turned it off and it won't turn on again but the light indicating that it has power is blinking. Pressing the power button is useless for there is no reaction happening. Sadly I haven't tried replacing the RAM.

kgord

I never actually heard of the term re flowing. I guess that you need to get some expert help on this and find out from a technician what it really needs. It could be a simple fix, at least I hope so for your sake!

MomoStarr16

First of all check what is the possible problem of your laptop. Don't try to find a technician that will be paid at first stage of the problem. Because sometimes the problem can be fix right through the internet. There are many tutorials there that is free. You need only to be specific on what is the problem of your laptop then go search it in the web, especially on youtube.

Martinsx

I don't have any skill or experience or knowledge how to repair laptops. But I would recommend checking YouTube channels for video instructions on how to go about this problem.

If you cannot self repair it, why not sell it and complete the money and then buy a new one or a second hand laptop?

kd06

kd06
I did tried searching for YouTube videos on how to repair it but so far any self-help didn't work and most of it ends up having my laptop opened (which I really don't know how to repair that side). I'm a bit reluctant of having it sold for it has been with the family for years and I kinda created a special bond with it..

Dracindo

If it's a problem you can't fix yourself, let me assure you: Don't turn it in for repairs, especially if they make you pay 1/4 the price of a brand new laptop. Most of them do stuff, say they fixed it, but it only works for a few days and then the problem returns, making you go back and pay again.
So, just get a new if you can't fix it yourself or if nobody close to you has an idea.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.