Did I just get a Fake Galaxy S5?

radybt

Hello, I need help with the Galaxy S5 i got just an hour ago from a guy on the internet. Now i looked at tons of reviews about fake S5's before buying and im really confused and can't tell if i got real on not. Here's a list of things i notice:

1-There are both WORKING fingerprint and hearth rate monitoring apps. I tested the hearth rate app(S health) by and got 78, then did 50 pushups, haha, and i got 120 which seems right. The fingerprint sensor unlocks only with the finger I used to memorize. Seems legit.

2-The camera says 16 megapixel in options, not like 13 on most fakes, there is also working HDR. Goes up to 4K recording but i cant find 60FPS 1080 option.

3- There is a rubber thing on the USB plug, though there is no rubber on the back of the phone(when i open it)

I think it's fake cause the screen it really not bright even and max brightness and i have trouble seeing when outside. Also when i press the screen of the phone harder there are these like...weird colors you know when you press one of these old handheld video cames all kinds of strange color start to "flow" from your finger.

I'll keep looking and edit if I find more things to say in the meantime, please tell me what too look for ?

Fishbate

You can try using the IMEI code in the user interface by dialing #06 then check the IMEI label at the back of the phone usually on the battery compartment area. If they have similar IMEI number the unit is basically not cloned. But it doesn't mean it hasn't been refurbished. The low led brightness might be an indication of replacement and repair.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Yeah, this is about the only thing you can do that I can think of. I mean, you could disassemble the whole thing and then carefully inspect each piece for things that seem recycled, or replaced with a cheaper material, but it's really hard to see and in this case I am safe to assume that the phone would be in perfect condition, and that there's no way to tell if it's a replica or not just by looking at it.

mark86

I am currently using Galaxy S5 and as I have checked my usb plug has no rubber. All you need to do is ask someone who can check your phone if its fake or not. You can also check in samsung website. They can check the manufactured date and other serial codes.

anchoreztin

Oh no, Im sorry if you got a fake unit but I hope that it isn't fake. Have you try using IMEI checker in the internet? You could google it then the IMEI number is located at the back of your unit when you take your battery out.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads