Best free antivirus for smartphones?

kaisantos2229

There are so many types of anti virus for smartphone available on google play like Avast, Bitdefender, McCafee, Kaspersky, Norton and many more. All of them offers the same result it will only defers in which anti virus you are comfortable using. But if you really want a specific anti virus perform it's best then you have to pay for it's full version. Me, i'm using Kaspersky Antivirus and so far it does the job on protecting my phone. A piece of advice, when you are using your phone for mobile internet at least try to avoid visiting suspicious websites because sometimes it is really our fault why our smartphones is infected with viruses.

janleo

For all antiviruses I've tried on my phone, I would recommend you go for Avast. It consumes less memory. The less it consumes, the more memory it can allocate for your opened apps. Therefore, the more stable it is while your doing your stuff.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Is it totally free or is it more of a 30 day trial and then pay kind of anti virus. Most of the antivirus software I'm getting is always that or it only offers free scans, but nothing else, which kind of sucks because I don't only need to know the apps that are infected, I need them quaranteened too.

mharzenas

I only Trust Avast for my phone. Base on my experience the only virus that infect my phone was the Malware virus. And that virus are compress with APK file I downloaded from unknown resource. Then I realize that the phone maybe not so prone in virus and a Simple antivirus can handle protection to your phone.

okissabam

I am using Malwarebytes on my Sony mobile phone, it is free and there is an option for a premium upgrade. If you are saving money and do not want to pay for the premium, the free does the job very well just like the premium. Malwarebytes saved my phone from being reformatted for many times now. The simple user interface is also good for those people who are not that savvy, the only downside of Malwarebytes is that they have no anti-theft tool.

Nards33

I'm using McAfee antivirus. It is very dependable and active. Once I started to browse, it will immediately scan and detect if there are any viruses. It doesn't slow down my phone nor consume much of the battery. It performs faster and very good protection for my phone. The next time I buy a new smartphone, I will still use McAfee anti virus.

HciR_Elv

I've been using Avast Free Antivirus for a while now and I am so far contented, I did not encounter any virus or problem with my phone and laptop. Avast watches over software acts and it scans fast. I also love it because it scans email attachments. The avast's malware engine does a good job at detecting and eradicating malware. Also, it doesn't preoccupy a lot of system resources, even during malware scans, so Avast won't slow your system too much. Lastly, it provides a support with technicians during business hours and you can communicate with them through forums and email.

centurion

There are many many types of anti virus systems are available. I think it will be better for you if you use any anti virus which you had been used on desktop or laptop. You have to download that anti virus for your mobile and should need to update your smart phone and that operation system will be easy for you.

Thanks
Centurion

arcsmart18

There are excellent and can be trusted anti-virus app that you can try. I have tried Avast and it's okay. I also tried Mcafee and it is also excellent because I have it on my tablet until now and didn't have any problem. With my laptop, I am using Kaspersky for three years now and I have no problem with my accounts online. My suggestion based from my experience is that you look for a company you can trust and stay connected with them. I think that's important because you can ask the company of the product you bought from for advice or help in case you have a problem with their anti-virus product.

marblank1313

There's a lot of good antivirus apps out there. I personally use CMsecurity for my phones. I like it because it is easy to use. But if you don't like apps that have advertisements or you get easily annoyed by it, i won't recommend this for you. It regularly shows advertisements but i don't mind it at all. I think it also a regular things in many other applications.

Uyj143

I am using an Android smartphone and I want to protect my smartphone from virus or malware. Do you know any free apps that antivirus for my smartphones?
Will I use clean master for a long time, I will recommend clean master for anti virus and DU battery its kinda battery saver but it helps you to maintain your phones its kinda anti virus also.

MomoStarr16

There are really lots of anti virus that you can download on playstore or in the google. Like mine I used Avast a long time ago. But for me you do not need anti virus. It will only give you a hard time on finding the right one for your phone because sometimes it did not compatible with all phones. For my suggestion just try to delete unused files or continually clean your files with a clean up apps to delete unused cached, apks, and more. It will help a lot to speed up your phone.

gamingadict

In my opinion i'll recommend you the kaspersky lab or kaspersky anti virus its available in the google playstore in this anti virus its protect your secret files from malware spyware and other viruses specially when you go browse to the internet or download something. And another anti virus thats a good one too is the bitdefender do you know that? Its unfamiliar but its also protects in any aspects of virus and my last choice is avast its also have the security protections and other good features but it laso good in malware virues, so be careful everyone because some anti virus is bot effective its can cause lag in your smartphones and can't resolve any viruses in your phone.

Jigz Alvarina Lim

I am using an Android smartphone and I want to protect my smartphone from virus or malware. Do you know any free apps that antivirus for my smartphones?

Hi! I don't get the point of having anti-virus on smartphones. I have already talked to some experts regarding this but they always say that having anti virus on smartphones are not ideal since it only just consumes much space and doesn't pretty work compared to the anti virus present on our desktop computers. I had a Samsung and Apple already and based from my experience without downloading any anti-virus applications, these smartphones just ran smoothly way better than I expected. Whenever I am downloading something, I download with 'caution' as these will help you prevent obtaining viruses which can further slow your smartphones.

LoloyCabiling

Android devices or smartphones for that matter is designed to have a built-in defenses against malware and other spying viruses. I think, we should know that the vast majority of malware on Android is focused on stealing your information. But it is not spreading by itself, and if you are sensible, you can avoid it without needing antivirus software. Most often than not, these talks about malware that targeting mobile platforms are all scaremongering designed to panic you into installing antivirus software. These AV apps are of no help, it will only slowed down your phone for this will eat up a lot of your RAM. I've been using android phone in years but i had not installed any of this stuff. And for just a precaution, don't download any files or install any apps which are not trustworthy.

coolprogramer36

If i were you , I will use Avast Mobile Security,Antivirus giant, Avast, has used its considerable skills to create an app which goes above and beyond a mundane scanner. Extra features in the free version include a call blocker, firewall and even an anti-theft measure allowing you to remotely lock or wipe your Android device if it goes missing.
The app used to be paid but is now free, supported by ads. You can pay a small monthly or yearly premium to remove these. Another very useful premium feature is ‘in-app locking’ whereby your device will ask for a PIN before opening certain apps. This prevents malware from launching apps such as internet banking automatically.

Attachments

• eeZSckTDTsPbeaUGs3cr3L-650-80 (1).jpg
    eeZSckTDTsPbeaUGs3cr3L-650-80 (1).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 21

iris2992

In my previous devices, I also downloaded antivirus apps and used Hi-Security from the Google store. I also tried different others like McAfee, Avast, etc, but I don't see any difference in terms of protection. Maybe just choose the ones that are smaller in size so it wouldn't occupy much space.

But I think most mobile phones nowadays have pre-installed apps needed to protect itself so you don't need to download one.

kcfeliciano

It is good and advisable to have our phones secured for we do private transactions through it. I've used most of the antivirus mentioned here. Although some of them are OK in general, some are really annoying. It wants us to update every other second its ridiculous. And if you don't update it, the phones' performance is affected. Now i just use Clean Master coz it makes my life (and my phones') easier. If anyone can recommend a good antivirus that would be much appreciated.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads