Ways to keep your Android smartphone safe

smarttips

Owning several features, containing lots of private data makes smartphones are the focus of hackers, who steal user information for malicious purposes. According to Motive Security Labs, by 2014, 16 million mobile devices were infected with malware.

In addition, the stealing of the phone also happens more often. According to consumer
Reports, only in USA, 2.1 million phones were stolen in 2014, while England and Wales sold 742,000.
The following tips help prevent the attack of the message as well as reduce the chance of
Loosing data, if the phone is lost:

keep-android-safe-1.png

Protection from the lock screen

keep-android-safe-2.png

Set the password for the application

keep-android-safe-3.png

Sign out of the app after use

keep-android-safe-4.png

Install antivirus software

keep-android-safe-5.png

Restrict public Wi-Fi connection and sharing hotspot.

keep-android-safe-6.png

Manage and monitor your phone

In addition, to protect smartphones using data encryption applications and password
management applications, users shouldn't install apps outside the Play store ... and
should not crack the (root) power, unless having good knowledge about it.

Uyj143

Don't use your phone while charging or download some anti virus to your smartphones to maintain you phone.

smarttips

smarttips
Why? I want to know reasons why we should not use while charging or download some antivirus? Especially for antivirus apps, I don't see any affects if we use it while charging.

jaja

jaja
Based on what I heard that it is not necessary to download anti-virus specially in android phone. Virus don't infect Android because they don't self- replicate. And when you get an alarm that there is treat in your phone sometimes this treat are just used so you well be scared and download their antivirus app. To much antivirus app also can slow down your phone one antivirus is enough.

Kakashi2020

In my opinion there's no need to download a phone antivirus, both Android and iOS have built in security protocols. And downloading lock screen apps will only compromise your phones security. It's best to just enable your phones security. I'm using pattern.

JB Fernandez

JB Fernandez
Exactly! That was also what I'm thinking about. Downloading an anti virus app is just a redundant addition in your programs. Better know your phones security features first before downloading anything.

arcsmart18

arcsmart18
Thanks for the advice. That would save me money. I've been planning to install anti-virus on my phone for the purpose of securing my accounts. Although my concern is on the internet where I have an online account like bank accounts or online work. When I access it on my phone is it always safe? My phone might be secured from hackers or scammers, but can it extend its security when accessing the internet from the phone?

thepixelboy

To make my Smartphone Safe physically I applied Tempered Glass and covered it with protective phone armor, while to make the files and software inside my phone safe, I've installed Bitdefender free anti-virus, it runs smoothly and detects malicious malwares inside my phone. it doesn't make my smartphone slow, I think its very reliable.

antivi.png

Kakashi2020

Sure here's a preview I can't post the whole doc it's 152 pages in total. Security protocols for iOS and Android:

Screenshot_20180204-123407.png

Screenshot_20180204-123418.png

Screenshot_20180204-123715.png

kaisantos2229

Everything that would risk the safety your smartphone should be dealt with immediately. But ask your self first, why it happen? Since it is your smartphone, everything that will caused problems in your smartphone is most probably your doing. The safety of your smartphone should not only to rely on a particular anti virus app, it should rely first on how cautious are you in using your smartphones specially when you are surfing on the internet.

Last edited:

Merlinjohn12312

For me, the best way to keep smartphones safe is by installing an antivirus. Except from abusive usage or mishandling the device (in use while charging, using inappropriate charger, using low grade batteries, and many more), there are more factors that can harm your smartphones. Although installing an antivirus can be helpful to protect your smartphones, being careful when installing an app or just by going to a certain website can even harm your smartphones. There are many types of programs that can damage your smartphones: virus, worms, and Trojan.
If you are uncertain with the site, I'll suggest that you must think before you click. ;)

see for more information.
https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH98539.html

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.