Is Sony still worth it ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DenisMNE

I am wondering is Sony still worth buying today ?
I never owned one and really do not know about anyone who owns a Sony phone.
Does anyone of you own one and how would you describe experience you have with your Sony phone ?
I personally think Sony should stick with Play Station as they made themselves pretty popular with it.

You might want to check this video out if you are interested in this questions as I am:

puregrace

I would always recommend Sony in all the devices when it comes to hardware. Sony devices would last longer and never ditch you. Also, Sony makes sure that it has relevant software installed on it's hardware.

Many companies like Dell buy hardware from Sony and this I can tell you because I have been working with Dell and I know it's inside stories.

So, when it comes to Sony, it is assured hardware and once we buy a software, it becomes our friend, a relative and no one wants to part away from it. So, Sony goes right well even in 2018.

Reactions: Rob Reece

HelenR

HelenR
I only agree on screen display of Sony, it is more quality than others because if you view videos or playing games, you see the differences.

The rest (specs) are not more better than others or even can not compare with other brands as Samsung or Apple phones.

Disinterested Cow

Regarding smartphones I think they've always been underrated, their models are often very competitively priced compared to the other big names. From what I've seen they're also very reliable and well-made on a hardware level.

The video you linked is specifically about the Sony a7 though, which is a full frame mirrorless camera. It's about 5 years old now which is pretty old as far as tech goes, however camera bodies aren't actually the most important factor in the equation for good photography. With the right lenses any high-quality full frame camera built within the last 5 years will be fine for you if you can find a good deal on one.

novandak

It is still worth in this year and next years but I am not sure it can compete with other smartphone brands like iPhone or Samsung.

MelJoRoMau

I'm still using my Sony phone this year and I would say it still does the job. I have my Z5 compact. This phone being water resistant is still great. I can use it underwater and whenever I take bath.
But personally, I'm not really sure if new Sony phones can still compete with other brand new phones coming out. One thing I noticed is their screen bezels. All other phones have shrinking bezels but not on new Sony phones.

iambeth

I own a Sony Xperia and comparing it with my daughters Samsung Galaxy, I think the camera is truly the selling point of Sony phones. Both seem to have the same specs as well as durable exteriors.

hstinscdln

In terms of durability, I would really recommend Sony. I personally still have my old Xperia Tipo with me and it's still rocking! However, by now, Sony is behind other smartphone brands and other smartphone brands offer new technologies that you would enjoy compared to what Sony has now. To sum it up, if you want a durable phone, go for Sony. If you want new features, go with other smartphone brands.

Dracindo

I usually pick a Huawei and Samsung, but I've seen a lot of Sony smartphones and there quite decent. A lot of online reviews also love most of the phones. I may consider buying one in the future, granted that there isn't a Samsung/Huawei equivalent within the same price range.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.