How do I remove a software update notification?

Rodney Olson

A software update has been pushed on my Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android 7.0 (Nougat). I do not wish to update, is there a way to get rid of the notification? I don't really want to use an App to disable this but if it requires an app for that then you can suggest me. Many thanks!

Emmaz

I don't think that you need any sort of application to disable the notification of software update. There is a shortcut to which you can easily solve this problem without getting all worked up about accidentally updating the software and losing your data or current software which you prefer.

Just draw down the notification bar from your phone and long-press on that update software notification. It will turn to blue color and show Android System.

Tap on the notification and have it disabled. It won't show you any other software updates notification as long as you don't factory reset your device.

Dracindo

Is there actually a reason why you don't wish to update? For Windows, at one time, I remember the April 2018 update, which completely messed up my sound. I couldn't get any audio from whatever device I plugged in. Apperantly it were problems with the Realtek software, which are fixed now, so I suppose that's a reason not to update, but at one point, wouldn't it be best to update?

I would just update ocassionally and revert if something is wrong and really bothering me.

Rodney Olson

Rodney Olson
Is there actually a reason why you don't wish to update?
My smartphone is running as well with the current version of Android, newer version can require more resource to run or appear more issues if I upgrade to it. So, I would keep the current version.

Dracindo

Dracindo
You mean that it downloads and updates things that don't matter to you, but cause those things to require more of your RAM and memory? Because if that's really true, then that is indeed a good reason to refrain from updating a smartphone.

But I don't spend that much time on the phone, so I just keep up to date to ensure my phone is secured.

BillEssley

I don't think there is a way to remove this update notification, it only is removed until you upgraded your OS. I faced this issue and finally I have to upgrade my OS to the latest version. Anyway, it is necessary to update your system to make it run better and more security.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.