30fps vs 60fps

ElGuapo96

So what exactly is the big deal about this whole fps thing? If you record a video at a higher fps it will absolutely destroy your video quality and it basically doesn't even make sense to record it in 60fps. But if you do it in 30 then the video almost seems choppy and laggy. What exactly am i supposed to do here to get a decent fps and video quality and what would you change if you could?
This is something that just makes absolutely no sense and i wish we could do something about it when it comes do mid/high range smartphones.

Fishbate

FPS stands for Frames Per Second, it basically means more to see in a second. Example is a bouncing ball. If you have 2 FPS your just gonna see two movements one the ball in the ground and another a ball on the top. Now the higher the FPS the more clear movements or animation you will see. But its not all FPS in video and animation quality, it also involves hardware renditions so you will not see any blurriness and frame glitches.

Many of us thought a higher FPS on videos and games will make great visual results. But remember this frames are movements and animations that are shown individually in a high rate. And doing the process takes a great hardware power.

Smartphones are powerful devices and is capable of video editing. But it all depends on the hardware specifications if its capable of doing such task.

Here are some visual representation on the difference of FPS rates and motion blur:
https://frames-per-second.appspot.com/
i hope this helps:coffee:.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
What i wanted to ask was why can't we find the sweet spot when it comes to recording a video on a smartphone? We have to choose between a choppy and laggy 30FPS with a good quality or a smooth 60FPS with a pretty bad quality. How do we fix that and is there even a phone that can record in the highest possible FPS with a really good quality?
Video recording is always so painful on smartphones, really kills the feeling of capturing a moment.

hstinscdln

60 fps videos are better than 30 fps videos. However, there are still occasions that I pick 30 fps over 60 fps. Just like what you've said, my phone also make me choose between 30 fps of higher video quality or a 60 fps with lower video quality. Most of the time, 30 fps would is sufficient already and not everyone would notice a difference. Try using a different camera app or fiddle with your camera settings. Try turning OIS or EIS on. In my case, I am using an LG G5 right now and I use FHD 60 FPS over UHD 30 FPS because not every device right now are capable of viewing UHD. But UHD 30 FPS really does have a better quality. Still, it is also unnoticeable for some devices and won't fully utilize it or make use of it.

Dracindo

60FPS (Frames Per Second) just shows your videos and games smoother than 30FPS. I honestly don't see why 30 FPS would be better. It's like comparing a Nintendo DS with a Nintendo 3DS. It's the same thing, but the 3D is better.
The only downside I can think of is the price, but I don't find that a valid argument in this case, except if the price is doubled as well, but then it wouldn't just be the FPS that makes the device that much more expensive.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.