How to stop popup ads on Samsung S8 Edge?

aceofadsense

My sister has recently upgraded to a Samsung S8 Edge. She keeps getting popup ads randomly when unlocking the phone. They cover anything on the screen, even recent apps. You can also close the ad with a little x at the top right. Is there any way to get rid of these?

Martinsx

From my experience with android phones, these pop up comes as a result of certain applications downloaded and installed in the device which their notification settings are enabled.

There are two ways to stop this and they are ;

Go to the applications settings and turn off the notifications.

Or better still uninstall those applications if they aren't useful to you.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Fishbate

I agree with @Martinsx , its an inclusion on the app that was installed on your smartphone. These adds are activated when a feature in the app are being used or activated. These apps usually have a remove adds feature but you have to convert in premium and eventually paying for the app or software. These apps that have adds on it is usually free and i think its a way for them to earn in return for the free use of their software. It may be annoying but i think it's fair...:coffee:

Emmaz

There are some applications which you downloaded and installed on the device that are popping up those notifications in your device. Just find out the particular application and have it uninstalled from the device and this would stop the pop up notifications permanently. It's always adviced not to be downloading all manner of applications that wouldn't be beneficial to you in any way because they are likely the apps that makes your device lag when using and probably drain your battery power always.

Dracindo

I think you would need to download an antivirus app in order to get rid of those. Your smartphone must've gotten infected when she downloaded an app with malware. I don't know which antivirus apps would be good, just make sure you download it from a safe place, like the Google Play Store, and check the reviews to see if it's a good app.

And for the future, prevent virusses by, once again, downloading apps from secure places like the Google Play Store and iTunes Store (or whatever it is for Apple).

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views