How to enable YouTube Dark Mode on Android

Chris Crocker

Finally, you can also turn dark Dark Theme on YouTube for Android phones, help you watch videos in the long run because it will not hurt your eyes like in light mode.

To use this feature you can follow this way.

Step 1: Make sure your Youtube version is up-to-date, by going to the Play Store to find the update.

How-to-enable-YouTube-Dark-Mode-on-Android-1.png

Update Youtube to the latestUpload Youtube to the latest version

Step 2: Go to General Settings.

How-to-enable-YouTube-Dark-Mode-on-Android-2.png

Step 3: Here you turn on the dark theme.

How-to-enable-YouTube-Dark-Mode-on-Android-3.png

So you can quickly change the background color of Youtube. Now you can watch Youtube videos with new look.

Good luck!

marian0302

It look great, but I prefer to use white theme because I can see and identify the words easily. But still black theme is great!

Sandee

Wow! That's great. I'm really a youtube addict and I really find it cool. It would really help me watch videos much longer without affecting my eyes too much. I just tried it on my phone and it works and just found out that my Youtube is not yet updated. So I updated it a moment ago. This is so nice. Thank you so much for sharing!

Dracindo

Heh, I would just go to the main site and pick night mode over there, but the app would make YouTube look much better on the smartphone. Although the image you show under step 3 is looks like it's the original looking YouTube website. Now I am starting to wonder, is this to put night mode on for the website or the app? Or both?

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.