Google Pixel 2 XL vs Samsung Galaxy S8

ElGuapo96

What are you thoughts and which one would you pick for yourself or even recommend another community member?
Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Google Pixel 2 XL, which one do you think is a better phone as worth the money more than the other one?

Let's start with the Samsung Galaxy S8:
The specifications on this bad boy are absolutely ridiculous, top notch and it can basically run anything you would ever want to run on your phone.
samsung.jpeg

5.8 inches Super AMOLED screen
Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
Android 7.0/8.0
Octa-core 4x2.35 GHz
64 GB memory, 4 GB RAM
12MP primary camera and 8MP secondary
Iris scanner, fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, so many cool features

Now for it's opponent, the Google Pixel 2 XL:

xlxlxl.jpg

6 inches screen
Protected by Gorilla Glass 5
1440 x 2880 pixels
Android 8.0
Octa-core 4x2.35 GHz
12.2MP primary and 8MP secondary camera
Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Video recording feature: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps

What do you think, let me know in the comments below :)

melvs

hi ElGuapo96! I checked both of the specs and price of this phones and I found out the following:

Samsung S8
- has an expandable card slot up-to 256GB
- cheaper than the Google Pixel 2 XL
- got more higher tech specs
- got HDR video

Google Pixel 2 XL
- expensive than Samsung S8
- no card expandable card slot
- got a higher screen size 0.2 inches more
- heavier than Samsung S8

if I will be ask by a friend, I will recommend the Samsung S8 than the Google Pixel 2XL

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Good insight. But, those things are not that big of a deal to be honest. The fact that it's bigger by 0.2 inches and heavier by a few grams doesn't really change anything :D
The expandable card slot can be an issue though, considering that people need a lot of memory on their phones, that is the only minus so far. Thanks for the contribution, buddy, i appreciate it :)

blakfinn

I will definitely pick and equally recommend the Samsung S8 which not only beats the Pixel in design but also underneath the screen. The S8 not only ticks all the right boxes but it surpasses the competition in most of the geek tests out there. Samsung has always been at the forefront of cutting edge technology and innovation in the phone industry even before smart phones burst out on the scene.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Care to elaborate a little bit more on why do you recommend the Samsung S8 over the Pixel 2 XL? I agree about the design part, though. I think Samsung S8 is the most beautiful phone ever made by Samsung company, they finally did a good job with aesthetics.
But what about specifications? What is it that repels you that much when it comes to Google Pixel 2Xl?
Just itching to know exactly why, would appreciate it :)

Tonny

What are you thoughts and which one would you pick for yourself or even recommend another community member?
Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Google Pixel 2 XL, which one do you think is a better phone as worth the money more than the other one?

The specifications on this bad boy are absolutely ridiculous, top notch and it can basically run anything you would ever want to run on your phone.
View attachment 910
Android 7.0/8.0
Octa-core 4x2.35 GHz
64 GB memory, 4 GB RAM
Iris scanner, fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, so many cool features

View attachment 912

6 inches screen
1440 x 2880 pixels
Android 8.0
Octa-core 4x2.35 GHz

I am definately choosing the Samsung S8.
The Samsung S8 has the iris scanner as opposed to the Google Pixel 2Xl.
Apart from that the Samsung S8 has an expandable memory slot of up to 256GB while the Google Pixel 2XL has no expandble memory slot.
Samsung S8 is a dual sim phone which is convenient to users who use two sims for their day to day activities as compared to the Google pixel 2XL which comes with a single sim.
In terms of the camera, the Samsung S8 has a wide angle Selfie which is best for taking selfies with friends, It also has an auto focus camera for best shots as opposed to the Google Pixel 2XL.
Its obvious that the Samsung S8 has more specifications the the Google pixel 2XL and its also cheaper than the Google Pixel 2XL

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Well those are some good points, you basically said it all now. How big of a deal is iris scanner tho? What if it malfunctions? I don't think i'm buying into that feature just yet.
The expandable memory part is huge, 256GB is more than you could ever need on a phone, so that's a big minus.
And the price also, that really repels people, especially in these times when money is tight.
Great insight, that's exactly what i wanted! Have a nice day sir :)

Tonny

Thank you

And about the iris scanner, we are now living in a technology world, We really don't know what the future holds for us. And now that we are in that world, we see advancement in technology and the iris scanner is one of the them. Maybe in the future we will have the iris scanner for security measures. The Samsung S8 should be rewarded for bring technology to its right place.
I agree that malfunctioning is an issue, but at least there are disadvantages in every advancement of technology but we learn to live with them. The iris scanner should not be an exception. The better part is that there is always a solution to every problem.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Yea but you know, when it comes to password you need to enter a specific code in order for it to open. Not even once did it happen that someone just typed random numbers and the password worked. When it comes to iris scanner/fingerprint reader, what if it just malfunctions and it recognizes every iris as the same one. I don't really know, it seems pretty unstable, i would trust it one bit. At least for now since it's such a new and flawed feature. Maybe in a few years i'll relax a little bit, but for now on, no way :D

krumpet

View attachment 910
Android 7.0/8.0
Octa-core 4x2.35 GHz
64 GB memory, 4 GB RAM

View attachment 912

6 inches screen
1440 x 2880 pixels
Android 8.0
Octa-core 4x2.35 GHz

I think I'll have to echo a lot of other community members in this thread when I go with with S8. It just has too many positives over the Pixel, in terms of raw power, on board memory, and price I think it blows the Pixel out of the water.

Which is too bad, because I really like the design of the Pixel, but you can't pick a phone just for it's looks, and the S8 dosn't look to shabby either.

hstinscdln

I prefer the S8's design over the Pixel 2 XL. Seems more easier to grip and gives off a more premium feel. Even so, it is still a matter of personal preference. The Pixel 2 XL, being a phone from Google will probably receive more updates than the S8, but I would say the Samsung is keeping up when it comes to updates already. They may have close specs to each other but still, removable storage slot is still a plus for me. I would pick the S8 overall. Not an avid fan of Samsung, but their devices keeps getting better I must say. They also seem to have lots of developers for custom ROMs, kernels, and any other tweaks which is also a plus for me.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views