Fix slow start up for Windows 10

Keen2write

We all know how annoying it can be when we want to use our laptops and from the moment you switch it on it is like waiting for a snail to pass the finish line... Well maybe a little exaggeration there just a little lol. Let us look into how to fix slow start up for Windows 10.

Let's disable fast boot

In Windows 10 there is an problematic feature which is associated with the boot performance which is the fast boot option.

This is ment to reduce the amount of time your laptop takes to load which is essentially enabled by default.
So start by opening the start menu to which you then want to type in power options. This will allow you to get into the power menu. You should then go on to the choose the power buttons in the panel to the left. You will also have to run permission as administrator in order to change or even save these settings. So be sure to go on to the screen which states change settings which are currently unavailable.

Once you have done all the above be sure to untick turn on fast start up and then click save changes to which this will disable.

DenisMNE

Very useful info for me, since I am a Windows 10 user.
I had occasional problems with it, it would sometimes freeze, so having an info like this is always helpful.
Make sure to check for info online before you decide to make a repair to your operating system, since most of the problems can be solved easily.

Keen2write

Yes your absolutely right, even you be surprised what you can find on YouTube about repairing your laptops and os systems.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Yup.I believe there is no minor nor major issue you can not find fix for on YouTube.They usually come from either the amateurs who got really good into fixing phones/computer are IT maintenance people who like to earn extra on the side.
Almost every problem I solved was because of them.
If you are not an English speaker it can be a problem, but since good portion of people nowadays are able to have a basic conversation in English, at least, you should be fine to understand how to fix a possible problem.
So, I say ''Thank you'' to all the heroes there on YouTube giving advice and solution on this subject.

vpatella

Not sure I understand this post. Disabling fast boot is a way for you to decrease the startup time for Windows? Why exactly is the fast boot option problematic?

DenisMNE

When Fast Startup is enabled, your computer doesn’t perform a regular shut down.You probably wont be able to do updates and shut offyour computer.
Also system that do not have the hibernation option will not support this one either.Hard disc will also be locked so you can't have an access to it from other devices.
There is a possibility you won't be able to use BIOS/UEFI settings when you shut down a computer with Fast Startup enabled .
There are many pros of the fast boot option but I gave you some of the cons, so that is that he was referring to as a problem.

EfficientNinja

Most guides on the web recommend disabling this feature. This feature seems to cause more harm than good. Windows 10 at its finest. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DenisMNE

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
I am afraid I will have to do so.
My laptop is so slow these days and I am finding a way to speed it up.
I used some useful info that was provided by this forum and I love it!
Windows 10 served me good for 2 years, it started to get slow but I think I have some junk files that need to be deleted.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.