Do you think iPhones are overpriced ?

DenisMNE

I never could understand the fact that iPhones tend to cost more than a 1.000 dollars.
I understand that they are very modern and helpful, but do you really think that cost should be that much ?
Most of the iPhones, if not all, are made in China, using cheap labor, so do you think it really should worth that much ?

EfficientNinja

The latest iPhone X is what you’re referring to, right? I like iPhones but that one phone is disgustingly expensive. It costs waaay more than I think it’s worth. That’s why I’m sticking with my trusty old iPhone 6s. I’ll stay on the sidelines and wait for these prices to calm down. :D

Reactions: DenisMNE

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Yeah, couple of last ones were so expensive.Haha, we own the same phone.iPhone 6s to the end.

Reactions: EfficientNinja

mmapm35

mmapm35
Yes I phones are very expensive thats why i stick to my iphone 7 plus.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
You have a phone that is newer than my iPhones 6s, so I would not consider your phone among old ones.
If you care for iPhones it will extend their durability a lot, but I am afraid Apple sabotages them on purpose with updates than are not in compact with them and slowly make you buy new ones.
Nothing beats the iPhone when it comes down to design and performance but, damn, they are expensive.

DesiderioJr.

DesiderioJr.
Yeah! I phones are very expensive because of the specs and external GB. I phones has a different GB so if you buy a higher GB the more expensive I phone you get.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
You can store up a few good quality movies on an iPhone, since the amount of GB and storage they have is insane.
That's what makes phone's performance so good and the phone itself runs like crazy.
I own an iPhone for 2 years and I did not experience major crashes on it or system problems.
I did download latest iOS few months ago, in that time, and kinda slowed it down, but it was not recommended and mistake was only mine.

vpatella

I honestly think most Apple products are overpriced. I believe they have a different market than other types of technology though. I think Jobs was trying to make hardware that could serve those looking for a simple and intuitive UI, along with people who need to have largely integraive systems running on hardware that can easily interact with other parts of the system. Unfortunately, this requires a sacrifice of one's wallet apparently.

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
I also feel like Apple lost its way when Steve Jobs is gone. They are less innovative now and they're just copying Android phones or are just including gimmicky features like the Animoji right now. RIP Steve Jobs. :(

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Steve was a design genius.I have read that he refused to wear breathing masks when he was sick just because he did not like the design.
I did not like the way he approached his employers, many were complaining that he was tough and arrogant and would fire them for no reason, but one can not argue tat his innovations made Apple what it is today.
Not many people know that he was Syrian on his biological father's side.

Martinsx

Yes of course, all iPhone are overpriced. In fact, it's the main reason why I'm yet to use one today because I cannot cough out more than $300 just to buy one phone that I will use to just make calls, send text messages and browse the internet.

I can easily make a budget of $150 to purchase a phone but exceeding $300 is beyond my financial capacity. So, I would tag iPhone as a seriously overpriced commodity.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Yes, I agree with you on that one.I have around the same budget for phones, since I am living in Southern Europe and financial situation is pretty much not that great like on the West, so majority of people would go around that price.
I found this video on YouTube since I was really curious why are they so expensive.
One of the reasons are forgot about are - Local taxes.
USA has a higher tax and since Apple is in USA, its headquarters, that might explain a lot, but it is so expensive in my country if you buy a new one.Thousand euros is a two month salary over here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Admin

Martinsx

Martinsx
This is exactly the reason why I believe that any reasonable and average income earner especially those paid on monthly basis wouldn't consider making such purchase because it would reck their immediate financial situation and leaving them broke.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
It is the brand that sells.
Apple has made itself a ''Big boy'' on the market so people, given the fact that they like ''to spend money they don't have to impress people they do not like'', are more likely to get one.Especially in USA or Canada.It is not that widespread in Europe as it is in North America.
They still make huge money out of it and I've read that they use cheap labor in China.I do not know how will the current US administration deal with it since it seems very unfair.
They almost have a monopoly in this field in USA.

JackOAT

For a normal person like me, this phone is very expensive. There are more than a few Android phones that are better than the new iPhones in different ways like camera, battery, storage, and customization. And most people come to Android because Android phones typically don’t cost as much as iPhones. iPhone is a premium device but is it worth the money... no.

moonandstars

The general consensus is usually that Apple overestimates itself severely by pricing their products that high.

Altough once again, maybe my bias is a result of me receiving my first Android as my little sister got her Iphone, and i felt relief when i realised how little Iphones actually has going for them.

To access the very basic functions like downloading outside App Store, the Iphone must be jailbreaked. Thats just insane, how oblivious of your costumers desire are you to the point that they feel forced to crack their phone to be able to do anything with it?

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
I do not agree they overestimate themselves since they are the biggest company in revenue, by years now.
I agree that prices are high and that is what makes them big, but as long as people buy it for that price they will sell it for it.
Yes, possibilities are less on iPhone for downloading some stuff that are not on Apple Store but I am satisfied with it anyway.

Kayel

Their phones really cost a lot and though it's quite expensive, people still buy from them. As long as there are people patronizing their product, they'll still sell it at the amount they wished to.
And the fact they still have lots of buyers, maybe for these people it is worth it.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Yes, of course!
I could come up with anything, lets say with a rock and sell it 1 million dollars a piece and put a brand to it and if I have customers to buy it I would be still considered a great genius despite the fact that I sell rocks for that much.
But, that is not completely like Apple, since they actually do something with iPhone, but everybody agrees that they push the price as much as they can.
Even if they raised prices, I believe they would still have the same sales.

Joey Mercado

I never could understand the fact that iPhones tend to cost more than a 1.000 dollars.
I understand that they are very modern and helpful, but do you really think that cost should be that much ?
Most of the iPhones, if not all, are made in China, using cheap labor, so do you think it really should worth that much ?

Hello mate, my opinion here was if IPhone was overpriced phone? I don't think they are, Yes we can say that some parts or assembling of the phones had been made in the countries were cost of labor is not that expensive and aside from that there are a lot of newly modernized and high upgraded cellular phones that can compare to the iphones that was not that too costly. The reasons that Iphones have their "high price" is we can say its for their royalty brand name . We can't deny the fact that when we heard of Iphone are mind says yeah this quality was good , And Iphone brands phone had been in the industry for quite some time.
So I think that will be one of the main reason that the price of this phone can be costly compare to others. I hope i have answered your question Thanks mate

DenisMNE

The problem is that for the US customer they are not that highly priced as people make 1000 dollars in a week, less or more.
It is a problem for people that do not make that much money.In my country that is 2 months salary.
iPhone just leaves a huge gaps between cost of production and sale, but I guess it is because they spend a lot of money on research.

Joey Mercado

Joey Mercado
Same here mate, you need to work for 2 months with proper saving and dieting in order to buy an Iphone in just 2 months so it will be jsut a matter of time and saving haha. Nevertheless one of the reasons also why Iphone is costing like this is aside form their reasearc htey make sure that the consumer or buyer will enjoy the performance of the phone :)

mrnndsyrfbc

Personally, think they are overpriced. iPhones have features that other phones as of today already have that doesn't cause that much. I don't really get it why it needs to be so expensive.

Cai07

Cai07

Yes, I think iPhones are overpriced If Apple can lower the cost down, i’ll surely pick up The latest model. On the other hand, iPhones are meant as look Shuri devices so, I guess The price is part of it.

Dracindo

There might be valid reasons as to why Apple makes such expensive devices, other than just abusing the hype of their users to increase the initial value of all their latest releases, however I don't see it and even if I did, I still wouldn't buy a single iPhone. Receive one as a gift, yes, but I'm not paying a dime.

I don't understand why people have to go for the most expensive phone, when other brands provide the exact same luxury for a way lower price. I know Apple product sync well with eachother, so buy an iPhone, Mac and Apple Watch could work out well for you, but personally, I see no need to connect my devices. I can always send pictures from my phone to my PC via Dropbox or mail to myself, same for video recordings.

Actually, I would consider buying an iPhone to download an app that is only available on iTunes, not on Google Play Store. But that's about the only reason, and the devs should just release it on Android.

XyferXyrus

YES Absolutely overpriced, my daughter just bought last week a second hand iPhone6, do you know guys how much, It was freaking 200 dollars for that second hand unit. :mad:

Dracindo

Dracindo
Your daughter is somewhat smart though, on a financial scale. The iPhone 6 is an older model and after some searching on Google, it appears that this phone costs around €340 ($375) if it's bought brand new. Not that expensive for a phone from Apple, and 200 dollar is even lower than what I am willing to pay for a new smartphone, but yes, she shouldn't have bought it second hand, because that thing will break sooner. If it still works well for at least a year, than she made a good deal there.

ivandelrey

I think so too! I remember when Apple used to sell only 1 to 2 iPhones per year, they were expensive but at least affordable compared to the newer iPhones now. So I've decided to purchase the older iPhones instead and then wait for the newer ones to go cheap maybe 2-3 years later. I don't care if they're old, iOS is still iOS and that is what matters to me. :)

Dracindo

Dracindo
I still prefer Android, but you have my way of thinking. In the end, the older generation of smartphones aren't that bad, they have stats that come close to the newest devices and are 2, 3, sometimes even 4 times as cheap as the latest models.
I just could buy 3 older generation smartphones and still have some change left after comparisson.

For some jobs, the best and the latest might be better, but for the average person, you don't really need to pay more than 300 bucks on a smartphone.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.