Detachable Lenses?

janleo

Do any of you guys use those detachable lenses? I haven't tried them out yet and was hoping if you can post your experiences using those accessories. I still have my Samsung S6 working up till now and as you know, the front camera 5mp ain't doing so well. Would it produce a quality somewhere near a 12mp or at least an 8mp quality?

Attachments

• detachable camera lense.jpg
    detachable camera lense.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 22

rizzywrites

I have tried a detachable lens. It will make your background much bigger with this lens, and in my experience I kinda didn't like the outcome or effect, because the picture became blurry on the sides plus the quality wasn't worth it. Btw, I used it with my Apple phone. :)

Fishbate

I have tried it before on my SAMSUNG phone. While some pictures where good...i have some issues like blurriness specially on luminous backgrounds..Also it doesn't really give you extra quality on the pictures it just magnifies a scene you were taking.

kathacompany

I have tried those too, my phone is a Vivo Y51, i dont know if you've heard about it but its camera is pretty good. My suggestion for that would be make sure first that your phones camera is clean by wiping it off with a clean cotton or wipes then make sure that the lens is clean too, also after clipping it make sure it is centered properly and click in the subject first before taking a picture because it might be hard for the camera to stay focus, heres a link on a sample picture taht i took using that lens and i would've just send it here if theres a attach button on the comment but there's none so here it is:

http://instagr.am/p/BJW_NNdjVFJ/

Ps sorry, dont mind our just woke up faces and there are still more on my gallery, just send me a message if you want to see them too

francoalipe

Based on my experience, the attachable lenses I have tried only do one of two things:
1. Provide a wider view of the lens (may it be a wide angle are a super wide/fisheye view)
2. Provide a closer view of the lens (telephoto)

They do not, however, increase the megapixels because megapixels are internal to the camera inside your phone. I also notice that the quality of the picture is also lower because the optics of the attached lenses are of bad quality.

I do not recommend using them if you want your pictures to be better based on your front camera. However, there is another lens technology that can be attached to a phone which can make your photos better. Its price is steeper though. They are called smart lenses and they connect to the phone via Wi-Fi.

Reactions: janleo and Admin

janleo

janleo
Yeah I saw those detachable lenses by Sony being sold online. They were like $200 worth on the market. It may be the 2nd best option to buying a professional camera. They're so portable you won't have to worry about it when you're stashing it in your bag.

kaye

I have tried those detachable lenses before. One fisheye lens and one wide range lens. Not really sure with the wide range lens but that is what I think it is. ;) If the lenses are still new, the quality is still good but as I used them, they became somewhat blurry. I think, online shops are now selling those detachable telescope lenses like this:

1.jpg

Haven't had the chance to try them tho because they are kinda pricey. If I am not mistaken, they have this in 8x, 12x, and 18x.

In some ads, you could even see the moon clearly, which I don't really believe. :p:p

Reactions: smarttips

janleo

janleo
Im choosing between those detachable lenses actually. Planning to go for a snorkel sometime soon and it'd really be nice if we can also submerge them in water. Wifey has an S7 here, waterproof, but the images taken underwater were not the great.

teammja

I have also a detachable lenses, for me its pretty good. But I think the result still depends on the quality of your camera, my phone is iphone5s. For me, iphone has a nice quality or nice outcome when capturing. I love the fish eye detachable lens though. :)

ElGuapo96

I have tried it before and i'm not a big fan. The quality is not up to par, it's a little bit blurry and it's also not fun to wear it around everywhere you go. Have you thought about buying a phone that is specifically made for taking pictures/videos. A phone with extremely good camera quality?

JackOAT

Nowadays we often take photos with our smartphones, the quality of a built-in mobile phone lens leaves much to be desired, so I've tried using several detachable lenses with my Sony Z5. It offers great new opportunities like shooting macro, fisheye and it adds flexibility to my mobile photography experience. One of my favorite detachable lenses is the macro lens because it can take an extreme close up shot of small objects.

macro.jpg

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.